Hello everyone, Today I will share the review of the most popular brand: “Lotus Herbals UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50”. The product has been in the market for a very long time. This Lotus is one such brand that has been launching good quality and affordable range of products.
- It is a broad-spectrum sunscreen means it is high in UVA & UVB protection.
- It gives you a matte invisible finish with powerful protection from sun rays.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It is enriched with Horse Chestnut, Vanilla extract, and Comfrey extract.
- It has a lightweight, non-greasy formulation and gives you a matte finish.
Packaging & Availability
This sunscreen comes in orange color packaging: On the top, it has a flip-open cap. It is travel friendly. You can easily carry it with you. The sunscreen is easily available online on amazon, Flipkart, etc. This sunscreen comes in size variants that are 30g, 50g, and 100g. The shelf life of this product is 3 years.
- Protect against UVA and UVB sun rays.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Have lightweight formula.
- It neutralizes free radicals.
- Reduce pigmentation/darkspots.
- Reduces sunburns.
- Gives matte invisible finish with powerful protection…
Lotus Herbals UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50 Ingredients
- Solvent: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane
- Viscosity controlling: Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate
- Emulsion stabilising: Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer
- Emollient: Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane
- Surfactant/cleansing: Trideceth-6
- Emulsifying: Trideceth-6
- Buffering: Triethanolamine
- Soothing: Symphytum Officinale Root Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum Seed Extract(Horse Chestnut)
- Preservative: Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
- Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Parfum/Fragrance
Texture & color
It has white color gel-like consistency. It gets quickly absorbed into the skin and also spreads with a cooling effect and leaves no white glue. The fragrance of this sunscreen is really mild and you will love it.
Direction To Apply?
- Take sunscreen.
- Apply it all over your face, neck, and other exposed parts of your body.
- Reapply frequently every two hours for the best results.
After the sunscreen settles into your skin for two minutes you will see the matte finish to your skin. It is non-oily and non-sticky and your skin absolutely loves it.
So, It is a UV Screen Matte Gel and I love the consistency of this sunscreen. Its gel-like light consistency and the sunscreen get quickly absorbed into the skin and also spreads with a cooling effect and leaves no white cast. And yes you will get a matte finish at last. It does have fragrance.
It has SPF 50 and its pa rating is also 3+. It is capable of controlling UV rays or the burning effect. If I discuss the ingredients of this sunscreen it has UV filters like Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid which provides good protection from UVB and minimum from UVA It also has soothing, anti-irritant, and anti-inflammatory like Horse Chestnut, Vanilla Planifolia Extract apart from that it also has Comfrey Root Extract which boosts the growth of new cells. It does contain Silicones like Cyclopentasiloxane and some preservatives used in this sunscreen. The formulation is very good.
This sunscreen suits my skin very well at the same time I have sensitive skin and it does not cause breakouts on my skin. It is cruelty-free and its rating is Pa+++ which also makes it a broad-spectrum sunscreen. My favorite ingredients in this sunscreen is Orange Extract and Kakadu Plum. The orange extract helps in reducing tan and pigmentation and at the same time, acne-prone skin can also use this sunscreen. The Kakadu Plum is a rich source of Vitamin C, it boosts the building of your collagen and it also reduces the science of aging. It also has an anti-pollution property which protects you from external aggressors. You can apply this sunscreen before makeup because it gives you a matte finish and also it minimizes the skin’s pores.
Pros and Cons
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It is Broad Spectrum Sunscreen.
- It gives you matte look and controls oil.
- This is a completely gel-based sunscreen.
- It is very lightweight and gives you a matte finish.
- It efficiently prevents skin tanning.
- It is paraben-free.
- It controls excess oil and leaves no white cast.
- It contains the goodness of horse chestnut, Confery & Vanilla.
- This sunscreen is not water resistant.
Is Lotus Sunscreen SPF 50 good for the skin?
Yes, it is suitable for all skin types. It is Broad Spectrum Sunscreen that protects you from UVA & UVB rays. It is paraben-free and cruelty-free.
What are the benefits of Lotus Sunscreen SPF 50?
It gives you matte look and controls oil and is very lightweight and gives you a matte finish.
It efficiently prevents skin tanning, pigmentation and controls excess oil, and leaves no white cast after application.
How many hours to use lotus sunscreen SPF 50?
I recommend using this sunscreen 3 times a day for the best results. You should apply it 15 minutes before going outdoors and keep applying this sunscreen every three hours for better protection from the UV rays
How to apply lotus sunscreen SPF 50?
Take sunscreen and apply it all over your face, neck, and other exposed parts of your body. Do reapply frequently every two hours for the best results.
Can I use Lotus sunscreen SPF 50 on oily skin?
Yes, It is suitable for all skin types . It controls excess oil and gives you a matte finish. It is Broad Spectrum Sunscreen which means it is high in UVA & UVB protection.
This sunscreen is the best budget-friendly sunscreen available on the market which gets easily absorbed into your skin, does not breakouts your skin, and also gives you a very matte finish, and controls excess oil.
Before applying sunscreen you must keep three things in your mind: Apply the Lotus Herbals UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50 on your face, neck, and other exposed parts of your body and it works efficiently if you apply it 15 minutes before going outdoors and keep applying this sunscreen every two hours for better protection from the UV rays.